Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ivy Heads Outdoors! (Or How to Introduce a New Cat, Part 3)

On my third visit with Ivy, his Humans suggested that I might take him outside for some supervised exploration. (I tried getting my old kitty harness on him, but it was much too small! When we used to walk Muffin while we lived in DC, she was probably half of Ivy's size!) So I just followed him around and kept close.

This reminds me of that old cartoon movie with the little mice that are searching for each other and come soooo close many times, but just miss one another. Check out Mel on top of the couch inside the house and Ivy walking outside right in front of him! I don't think they ever noticed each other (at least not yet...). Ivy wanted to play with this snake, but I put the kibosh on that activity.


This one might have to go on my corkboard. What a beauty! Ivy enjoyed some sunbathing until he was interrupted by a curious Mel!

Ivy's not so sure about the other kitties yet. I tried to tell him that this was actually Mel's home first and that Mel was being very kind to him, but he said he was just a little uncertain and I should give him a little time to adjust.

Ivy and I went back to his room, but before I could close the doors, Mel and Gray came marching in as well! Ha! I shuffled them on through to the other part of the house and then Ivy and I chilled in his bedroom for a little bit. He seemed more relaxed, having spent some time in the Great Outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment