Friday, October 9, 2009

Ivy Shows Off (Or How to Introduce a New Cat, Part 4)

Ivy didn't seem interested in going out at first, but I carried him out to the side deck and then he was all for another expedition!

Check out Pop, taking a bath up on one of the porches and getting a little interested me and the "new guy" traipsing around down below.

I'm not sure Ivy ever noticed Pop, but Pop certainly noticed him. Wow, check out that grumpy face! Ha! It's okay, Pop! He's a sweet boy! I bet you'll be friends in no time!

Of course, Mel, the Groundskeeper, a.k.a., the Boss, had to come see what was happening!

Mel very politely gave Ivy a wide berth and came over to say hello to me.

Moving on.... Ivy had a little bit of the "fight face" after sniffing this spot. It must've smelled like one of the boys. (The "fight face" is what I call the little kitty expression where they open their mouths just enough to show teeth and then just hold their mouths open at that point. Heee. Muffin does it all the time. It's very scary. [Note sarcasm.])

Finally, a private spot where I can sunbathe and show off for the camera in peace!

"You know, Auntie Mel, this picture would've been a lot nicer if I had had my full nails to cling to the deck. These little nubs you left me with just don't look as flashy."

"See ya, Auntie Mel! I'm heading out!" I don't think so, buddy. I got a little bit of a growl when I picked him up and delivered him back to his bedroom. Heeee. (I was unphased.)

But back in the safety of his room, he was ready for another nap. So much excitement makes Ivy sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment