Sunday, June 14, 2009

Who Wears The Pants In This Family? The People Who Don't Wear Pants.

The kitty condo that Lily LOVES is placed in the most unattractive position when looking at our house from the outside - right in the center of our big front window. But what's more important than giving the kitties the best view possible?!??? (Now if we ever have to put the house on the market, Lily will have to do her part and sit in a less than ideal location, but for now, we'll allow the house to look ridiculous from outside so that she can have a great view.)


Muffin's new favorite spot is on top of the boxes I brought home after cleaning out my office at the law firm. So now I can't move the stuff out of my sight because that would be mean to take away Muffy's new favorite spot! So I continue to look at it and be reminded of being laid off and all of the emotions that go along with that. Although I must say that now when I look there, I just see Muffy being cute instead of thinking about why the boxes are there - and because they are there (i.e. because I was laid off), I see a lot more of cute Muffy and, with my new business, other doggies and kitties. It's a little ironic, don't you think?


The last time my mother was here, she huffed and puffed while she cleaned off all of the precious rugs that she has given us over the years. Though she never said so, she was clearly annoyed at the cat hair that had collected on them. Apparently she didn't get the memo that anything given to us belongs to the Furbs (our name for the furry crew around here - it's short for "Furballs"). Muffin often "redecorates" the house by picking her nails on the china cabinet, dressers and kitchen cabinets. (I usually do ask her to stop that, but I really haven't tried very hard to change her behavior. She just looks so happy when she's doing it!)


If Little Man (or anyone other than Jon, really) is already in the bed when I go up there for the night (which happens often), I sleep uncomfortably so as not to disturb him. (If Jon is sprawled on the bed, I'll shove him over!) Jon has been known to actually just go sleep in the other bed or on the couch because he didn't want to disturb the Furbs!

1 comment:

  1. Dog boarding playa vista Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete