Thursday, August 13, 2009

Guess Who's Back? Back Again.

Well, the dude has hung around enough to have earned himself a darn name (Shady, obviously - warning, probable explicit lyrics - this song is what came to mind last night when I arrived home to see that he was back - back again - on our front porch, there to greet me for the third or fourth night in a row.) I only say darn about him earning a name because it means I'll get attached to him (despite his being ugly as the dickens), and be horribly upset if/when I find what's left of him after a cat has decided that he is a fantastic new toy. Sigh.... Incidentally, this article about the word "dickens" is kind of interesting (scroll down to "Not that groundhogs aren't cute, of course." or just search for the word "dickens" til you get there). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment