Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Hunter and The Scavenger

The Hunter and the Scavenger, respectively, after a vigorous walk.

Penelope (the Hunter) spends our walks searching for cats. She's obsessed. She looks under every car we pass by, looks on every porch. And if she sees one, I have to physically turn her face away in order to get her to move in a different direction!

Staunton (the Scavenger) finds every stray piece of food in the Commonwealth of Virginia during our walks and swallows it (or has it in teeny, tiny pieces) before I can even attempt to get it out. But I've gotten much better at spotting things before her, so she has been getting less "snacks" during our more recent walks.


Some loving from Stanny; Penny being cute outside.

One of the locations where we walk has tons of groundhogs. Look at these tough girls in their pre-attack stances! The pitbull in Penelope really shows when she's in alert/attack mode.

Heeeeeeeeeeeee. Penelope hates the way the halti feels on her mouth so every time I get ready to put it on her, her lips curl up and she smacks her lips and she looks like she's snarling. The first time she did it, I was a tiny bit alarmed and thought she might bite me if I put the halti on her. But now I realize that it's just because she hates the way it feels and there's no aggression at all behind it! I feel bad laughing at her because she hates it so much, but I can't help but think this expression is hilarious every time she does it now!


Dog tired - again. We always have a little cuddle session after they are tired out from their walk. I realized today that the walk has to be first - otherwise, they get too rowdy when I sit in the floor to cuddle! Check out Staunton's paw in my lap. She is not afraid to demand attention when she wants it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment