Friday, August 21, 2009

You're Beautiful - It's True (And My Overly Emotional Reactions to Some Very Cliche Experiences)

This morning, Penelope, Staunton and I were listening to my ipod shuffle through its completely random songs and this one (ignore the silly video with it - it's the best version of the song I could find on songza!) sounded so good and so fitting since they are both so beautiful!

On a related note, I have a nagging desire to share a couple of stories about experiences (one obnoxious and one warm and fuzzy) that I had with people commenting on these 2 beauties while I was out walking them over the past 2 days.

Yesterday, we were walking in what most people would consider one of the more "upscale" or at least trendy and nice areas of town when a middle-aged white man walking into the ABC store slurred to me, "Where'd you get them ugly dogs?" Since I could barely understand him and was so shocked at his words, I said, flabbergasted, "Did you say they were ugly???" And he said "Yeah, I said where'd you get them ugly dogs?" Being in an overly emotional mood for the past few days, my initial instinct was a shockingly extreme desire to kick him in his ugly face with my heavy hiking boots until his ugly attitude disappeared from his ugly soul. But instead, I indignantly pronounced, "They are NOT ugly!" and kept walking.

Then, just this morning, we were walking in what most people would consider one of the more "sketchy" areas of town when a middle-aged black man asked (also slurring slightly) if they were both Labs. I cheerfully responded that one was a Lab and one was a Lab/Pitbull mix. He then slurred, almost wistfully, "they're beautiful." I wanted to cry and hug him and put my arm around him and tell him that he was beautiful until his sad eyes turned happy, but of course I just said "Aww, thank you" and smiled and kept walking.

I'm not sure of my point in relaying all of this to you, so take from it what you will. It was all just interesting and actually left me feeling good. But anyways, none of that changes the fact that these 2 girls are, without a doubt, true beauties inside and out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment